Full Time | Farr West, Utah
Position Summary: The Veterinary Client Services Representative’s primary duties are to interact with clients, schedule appointments, set up new client / patient records and update client / patient records in the system.
Principal Duties & Accountabilities:
– Provide excellent customer service by going above-and-beyond to serve the client’s needs while
remaining in compliance with department processes and procedures.
– Maintain a professional physical appearance and attitude.
– Client interaction: answer incoming calls, call backs, oversee client flow from check in to discharge.
– Schedule appointments and monitor the schedule flow.
– Maintain proper documentation in the electronic medical record.
– Process payment transactions.
– Prepare discharge instructions as per doctor’s notes.
– Relay information to / from clients to / from doctors, staff, and management.
– Educate clients about SVE products and services (e.g. supplements, vaccines, treatments,
foaling, breeding, dentistry, chiropractic, etc.)
– Process in-house OTC prescription and supplement orders.
– Process and mail laboratory samples.
– Completion of regulatory paperwork as trained.
– Assist in keeping front office clean and presentable during office hours.
– Assist with handling horses.
– Stock-side notetaking during reproductive procedures and checks.
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as dictated by the business needs and conditions. As an essential function of the job, good attendance is required.
Qualifications, Educational Skills, & Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
– High School diploma or equivalent.
– Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from doctors, staff and clients.
– Basic understanding of core vaccinations, deworming schedules, common equine diseases and
behaviors and basic lab tests is preferred but not required.
– Basic knowledge of horses and the equine culture.
– Ability to work patiently with distressed, frustrated and disgruntled clients. Ability to show
compassion to clients in various emotional states.
– Internet, Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel preferred, but not required.
– Above average typing skills (50 WPM).
Other Skills & Abilities:
– Customer service experience preferred but not required.
– Highly organized and efficient.
– Self-starter with the ability to work independently and effectively within cross-functional teams
– Sound analytical skills and acute attention to details, adept at creative thinking and problem
– Basic math and writing skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or listen.
The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and
reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Certificates, Licenses, & Registrations:
– None required
Use the button below to submit your resume and cover letter via email.